Guide For Small Business Owners Regarding Taxation

According to a recent survey of 400 small and medium-sized businesses that did ‘Inspired’, 40% were convinced that paying for themselves could benefit from the tax. Taxes on small businesses can be just as confusing. Where do you start? Taxes for small businesses can be divided into taxes paid by the company and limited taxes on personal taxes and making money from the business.

 What Limited Company Taxes Should I Pay?

 Corporation tax

 If you are trading as a limited company, you must pay the corporation tax first. It is currently 20% for all companies with a profit of fewer than 300,000 pounds in April 2011. For example, a business charges customers £ 100,000 a year, excluding VAT, and pays £ 20,000 20 to make more than 20 % to pay. The remaining cost of £ 80,000. Nine months close one day after the end of the small business year. Employer’s National Insurance Contributions Your small business is responsible for paying 13.8% for salaries of £ 136.01 or higher. It is simply not to change rates at different pay levels, so it is very black and white for small businesses.


 Most businesses are likely to register for 20% VAT compared to 2011, and this will be added to the end of each invoice and paid directly to HM Revenue and Customs. If your taxable income is less than £ 150,000 in the fiscal year, you can sign up for a flat rate VAT scheme that requires less VAT. Most small businesses are registered under a flat rate VAT scheme and accountants can discuss this in detail. What perfect xero accounting do I have to pay?

 Income tax

 Unfortunately, it’s not that simple, and most business owners are confused by the fact that they pay dividends and pay employees. Income tax should be assessed based on the ‘financial tax year’ from 6 April to 5 April, not the fiscal year of a small business tax. It applies to personal tax income worldwide. The personal allowance in 2011 is £ 7,475. Amounts earned up to 35,000 pounds are taxed at 20%, while 35% to 150,000 pounds are taxed at 40% and 50% after 150,000 pounds. Also, when you reach £ 100,000, your allowance will decrease by £ 1 from £ 114,950 for every £ 2 of your income, so you’ll be taxed 60% after this point. That’s why it’s important to manage your taxes efficiently by withdrawing dividends from small businesses. You do not have to pay income tax on dividends up to 35,000 pounds. You have to pay 25%, much lower than the income tax.

 National insurance

 Finally, you have to pay for National Insurance (NI) donations. You are responsible for 12% tax over 139.01 pounds a week until you reach £ 817 a week. Then it drops to 2%. Not all taxes are necessarily complicated, and having a professional accountant for small business tax Chatswood will make it much easier and take advantage of all the benefits you can get.